Organizing and Beautifying the Broom Closet

My broom closet is stolen space. There was no broom closet in this house. No broom closet, no linen closet, no entry closet, no mudroom closet - not much storage space to speak of at all!

My house is a 1930s build with a 2009 addition that houses 3 bedrooms and a bathroom.  The old part of the house was basically a 1 bedroom apartment in size.  The original bedroom is now my formal dining room and the original bedroom closet has become my broom closet / storage closet.

When I moved in, that closet reeked of old.  You know that smell?  That awful, no-oxygen-smells-like-death odor that you sometimes find in really old furniture and old houses.  That's how it smelled.  Ewww.  Not putting MY clothes in there!  It looked like this after I ripped the clothes rod out.

Read more »

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Braided Bun Tutorial for a Little Girl + Product Giveaway! {SoCozy}

Lean-To Greenhouse from Old Doors and Windows

Easter Slime {Only 2 Ingredients!}