Skip to main content

How to Come Out and Play this Fall #CLIFKid


Kids1_650
Summer is winding down and so are the temperatures... We love to take the kids outside so they can burn off their overabundance of energy. I've also been trying to fuel my kids with better snacks, such as the CLIF Kid Zbar
®, which are made with organic ingredients, have no high fructose corn syrup, artificial flavors or synthetic preservatives. These bars have important nutrients for active kids, which I LOVE!


CLIFPicnic1
To get the kids outside, we will sometimes plan a quick and simple picnic dinner. I'll make a long sandwich and cut it up into small slices we can all share, pack fruit, cheese and crackers. Then, I'll let the kids play frisbee, football or they'll just roam around and explore the outdoors. They're usually ready for a snack before we head home and lately we've been packing along the CLIF Kid Zbars. These also make great snacks for school snack time or before their cross country meets!


ClifBox6
CLIF Kid makes nutritious snacks from organic ingredients that are specially-crafted for kids’ developing taste buds and active lives. CLIF Kid snacks feature nutrients that active kids need in flavors they crave, such as Chocolate Chip and Iced Oatmeal Cookie.



Kids6
CLIF Kid is dedicated to reclaiming play. They're encouraging boys and girls everywhere to get back outside, push their boundaries and feed their adventures. I always keep an extra frisbee and a soft football in the back of my trunk at all times.


Kids5 Kids4
Balanced and active play lays the foundation for a skilled, healthy, resilient and successful society.


Kids7
Play is disappearing at home, in school and in communities. 70% of moms played outside when they were kids, 31% of their kids play outside today. My kids would rather sit on the couch and play on their electronics, but I encourage them to get outside to play.


Kids3
Be sure to check out the CLIF Kid Facebook page to find out some lunch inspiration and some ideas on how to get the kids to come out to play!


Kids9 Kids8
CLIF Kid Zbars are:
  • Made with organic ingredients
  • Non-GMO
  • Have important nutrients for active kids
  • Appropriate portion size for kids in flavors they love
  • Have no high fructose corn syrup, artificial flavors (or synthetic preservatives)

ClifBox1
What ever happened to play? CLIF Kid is dedicated to reclaiming play and you can find out more in this video. And we're encouraging boys and girls everywhere to get back outside, push their boundaries, and feed their adventures.

I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Ways to Bring Spring Into Your Home

The weather here in St. Louis has gone from 70 degrees to tornado watches/warnings and now to possible snow/ice this weekend. Whew! I am SO ready for Spring and for Daylight Saving Time. Today I'm sharing with you how to bring Spring to your home sooner with 5 Ways To Bring Spring Into Your Home . Bringing a little Spring into your home is rather easy. You don't need to change up your entire decor, at least not yet... What I try to do is add little touches here and there. 1. Spring Wreaths One way that I bring Spring into my home is by placing a Spring wreath on my front door or on some of the interior doors in the home. My absolute favorite Spring wreath that I've done is my Split Pea Wreath below, but I'm currently working on a Tulip wreath which I'll be sharing in a couple of weeks! I'm also sharing a couple of other Spring wreaths that I've made below: Split Pea Wreath with Burlap Bow Some other Spring wreaths I've designed:   Simple Spring Hoop Wrea

Princess Smart Mirror {My Knight and Me}

I’m so excited to tell you about the adventure-packed new medieval animated series for kids from TeamTO,  My Knight and Me ! I'm also sharing a craft that you can work on with your little Princess- a Princess Smart Mirror! This mirror isn't really 'smart', but it is sparkly, wrapped in ribbons and even monogrammed with your favorite princesses initial! In the cartoon  My Knight and Me  they do have a smart mirror and this mirror will prompt your child with plenty of imaginative play! This show is currently airing on the Cartoon Network weekdays at 12 p.m. My Knight and Me is for kids ages 6-10 and follows the quests of a colorful and charismatic trio of knights in shining armor: loyal, street-smart Jimmy the Squire; daring and determined Cat the Princess; and bold and courageous Henri of Orange, Jimmy’s dad and a charmingly inept, yet passionately chivalrous knight who might not be the most efficient protector of the realm – but sure is the funniest! Together, the kni

12 Months of Goals - February & A Fruity Valentine's Surprise!

Last year I set 3 goals every month for myself and I accomplished a lot! This year, I wanted to down play it even more and just set ONE goal for myself. However, with just one goal each month I hope to devote more time to it. I did a little recap on January's Goal below, BUT if you visited the blog yesterday you saw that I did indeed get the IKEA Shelves decorated ! It was a lot of work, so I thought instead of doing a home decor or improvement project this month (because I need a little break!) I'd do something I've been wanting to do awhile and that won't take as much time.  Drumroll. In February I want to learn more about my Apple Watch! Brian purchased an Apple Watch for me for my birthday last August and I just LOVE it!  There are so many neat features on it, but yet there is SO much more that I haven't even figured out. I would love to take some time out this month to get to know my watch better. I would also love to share a post in February about what I'v