Skip to main content

Pom Pom String Tree Craft and Amazon's Creative Galaxy Season 2

PomPomTreeDone4_650
Hi everyone! I hope you enjoyed the extra long Labor Day weekend, I know we did! Today I have a fun craft to share with you in celebration of Amazon's Season 2 of the Creative Galaxy cartoon! What I love about this cartoon is that each episode highlights a different creative medium, such as painting, music, sculpting, cooking, etc. My daughter and I love to do crafts together and I love that I can plan crafts for us to do that go along with each episode. 

A Little More Info About Creative Galaxy
Creative Galaxay Key Art
Creative Galaxy, from Out of the Blue Enterprises (Super Why!, Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood), is a “make-along, create-along” animated art adventure series that celebrates creative thinking through crafts, story, music, and dance. 

The series follows the adventures of Arty and his silly side-kick Epiphany, as they travel around the galaxy to solve problems using many different forms of art. Each episode highlights a unique creative medium (painting, music, sculpting, cooking, etc.) to reinforce to kids that art is all around us in many different forms. The interactive stories and live action segments encourage young viewers at home to get excited about their own creative ideas and the process of using creative arts to solve problems! 

And the second season is kicking off with twice the fun. Season 2 features 11 brand-new, two-part episodes with 24 live action craft segments – and many famous friends! Brooke Shields, Jason Priestly, Samantha Bee, Lisa Loeb, Donovan Patton and Cloris Leachman are just some of celebrities who lend their voices to characters who appear throughout the show.

Now, I'd love to share with you how to create a Pom Pom String Tree! I was inspired to create this craft after watching the trailer for the cartoon.

How to Create a Pom Pom String Tree
PomPomTreeDone4
You probably won't need to run out to the store to buy items for this craft, most of these you should have around the house. 


PomPomTreeDone2
I know it is the fall right now, but I was going for a colorful 'blooming' tree. If you want to make this more of a fall craft, you could buy some orange paper for the top of the tree and then buy some pom poms in fall colors. It really is all up to your own imagination! :)


PomPomTree1
Here is what you'll need:
Pom Poms in 2 Different Sizes
Brown and Green String
Craft Paper in Brown and Green
Poster Board
Glue
Scissors
Tape


PomPomTree2 PomPomTree3
Find a round object in your house, such as a small bowl. Trace around the bowl on your poster board to draw the 'top' part of the tree. To draw the trunk of the tree, I traced around a ruler.


PomPomTree4 PomPomTree6
Cut the top and bottom parts of the tree out with scissors. Then, trace around these pieces on your craft paper and cut those pieces out.


PomPomTree7 PomPomTree8
Now you'll want to glue the pieces together and also glue the trunk to the top of the tree.


PomPomTree9 PomPomTree11
Now, we'll wrap the trunk with brown string! Tape one end of the string to the back of the trunk and wrap the string around the trunk until it is completely covered. Cut the string and tape it to the back side.


PomPomTree12 PomPomTree13
Repeat this process with the green string for the top of the tree.


PomPomTreeDone5
The last part is where you will glue the pom poms all over the top of the tree to represent blooms! This part is a lot of fun!

I hope you enjoyed this craft! Be sure to check out the trailer for Creative Galaxy by clicking HERE.

Thank you Amazon Originals Kids Programming for sponsoring this post. All opinions are 100% mine. Find inspiration for new art projects and fun by checking out the new episodes of Creative Galaxy on Amazon Prime!
SaveSave

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Invisalign Journey (Trays 9-15) and Progression Photos

Today I am going to share a little more about My Invisalign Journey with you. Back in May, I shared my first Invisalign post HERE and talked about my first 8 trays with Invisalign. Today I am going to share some information and progression photos for Trays 9-15. And, no, I am not done with Invisalign yet. After your first round of trays (I had 15 trays), they start revision trays. Unfortunately, I found out I have 18 revision trays... I am currently on tray 3 of those. I will continue to share updates as my progress continues. I talk about why I went with Invisalign and what the entire process was like in my first post (see link below). I am not going to repeat it all in this post, but I will share my progression photos with you. If you have any questions, be sure to let me know in the comments. Past Invisalign Posts: My Invisalign Journey (Trays 1-8) and Progression Photos Progress Photos These are pictures of my teeth and some are close ups... so, just a little warning. :) Proba...

Currently {January 2017}

I've decided to keep Currently active again for 2017! It is just such a fun post to do each month and I love updating all of you on what I've been up to besides the usual DIY/outfit posts!  Currently... Beyond Thrilled to see SO many #ShowYourMug Photos! Recently I worked with Community Coffee on a Giveaway, where you would have a chance to win a year's worth of free coffee in exchange for showing your mug and tagging me and Community Coffee on Instagram. I was really surprised by how many of you shared your mugs! Below you'll see some of you that played along:      Again, thanks ladies for sharing your lovely mugs! I was so excited every time one of you tagged me and I got to read about your favorite mug! Running Goal I started training for my 10th (that's crazy!) half marathon yesterday! I haven't really set any specific goals for myself with half marathons, except to try to PR. However, I haven't PR'ed my 2:06 time in a couple years! After training ...

Monogrammed Tulip Wreath w/ Burlap Bow {12 Months of Wreaths}

Welcome back to 12 Months of Wreaths! Hi everyone! Welcome back to our third month of 12 Months of Wreaths! I have been seeing a lot of tulip wreaths lately and I wanted to try my hand at making one myself. Wow, this wreath looks complicated, but it has been one of my quicker wreaths that I have made. I kept it simple, with a burlap bow on one side with tulip buds cascading out on both sides. I also added a script monogram 'A' to the other side. The tulip buds are already starting to pop up in my yard, so this wreath couldn't have been made at a more perfect time! Welcome to 12 Months of Wreaths - March! Curly Crafty Mom - Neutral Tulip Wreath Mom Home Guide - Spring Forsythia Wreath The Southern Couture - Baby Carrot Wreath Our Co-Host: Real Girls Realm - Spring Deco Mesh Wreath Follow your Hosts and Co-Hosts: Carrie Curly Crafty Mom  Blog  |  Facebook  |  Pinterest  |  Instagram  |  Twitter  |  Bloglovin’ Lauren at Mom Home Guide...