Skip to main content

Bourbon Chicken with Rice #BensBeginners #UncleBensPromo

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, Mars, Incorporated. All opinions are mine alone. #BensBeginners #UncleBensPromo #CollectiveBias

BourbonChicken_650
Did you know that October 15th is International Cook with your Kids Day? I feel like when I cook with my kids, everyday is International Cook with your Kids Day!

I'm here to share with you a recipe that we've been making in my family for quite some time. In fact, I blogged about it back in February of 2010 (see post HERE) and Autumn was practically a baby! Now she is old enough to help me in the kitchen and we have a lot of fun cooking together and she learns a lot. If you haven't heard of Ben's Beginners, it began to help get kids in the kitchen to learn how to cook! There is a lot of confidence, satisfaction and excitement that comes from cooking in the kitchen. Uncle Ben's can help make dinner quicker and easier during busy seasons in life and then you have more time to sit down together as a family to enjoy your food!

Since this recipe is such a favorite and it is SO easy, I thought it was time to share it with you and update the post and photos! I love that I can prepare the rice in only 90 seconds by using Uncle Ben's Ready Rice!

And, I'm excited to share that Ben's Beginners is giving back to schools with a chance to win $30,000 towards a cafeteria makeover! You could also win $15,000 for your family!

#UncleBensPromo Sweepstakes
 
MeandAut
My daughter always screams, "YES, yes, yes!" when I tell her that we are having Bourbon Chicken and Uncle Ben's Ready Rice for dinner!

How to Make Bourbon Chicken
Meal1
It is really easy to make Bourbon Chicken and you can find everything you need at Walmart.


Untitled Untitled
While at Walmart, I stopped in the rice aisle to pick up some Uncle Ben's Ready Rice. They have a lot of different varieties, but I usually get the whole grain brown rice to go with the Bourbon Chicken.


You can also save $0.75 off Ready Rice products exclusively at Walmart with the Ibotta coupon offer.

Rice1 Rice2
Once you are home, you'll want to get a large bowl, so that you can prepare the sauce. Add your garlic and ginger to the bowl.


Rice3 Rice4
Next, add the crushed red pepper flakes (you can omit these) and apple juice.


Rice5 Rice6
Add the light brown sugar and ketchup to the bowl.


 Rice8
Add the cider vinegar and water to the bowl.


Rice9 Rice10 
Add soy sauce to the bowl and mix all of the ingredients. Take a sauce pan and add oil to it. Add your chicken and cook until it is lightly browned.


AutCooking Rice11 
Miss Autumn is helping me stir the chicken here. After the chicken is lightly browned, remove the chicken. Add the sauce and heat over medium heat until well dissolved. Add chicken and bring to a hard boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. 


Rice12
After the Bourbon Chicken is done, I put the Uncle Ben's rice packet in the microwave and warm it up. The Bourbon Chicken is delicious over hot rice!


Bourbon Chicken
**I doubled the ingredients for the sauce**

1 1/2-2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cut into bite size pieces)
1-2 T olive oil
1 garlic clove, crushed
1/4 tsp ginger
3/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 c. apple juice (in the comments section on Recipezaar, some people substituted pineapple juice or orange juice)
1/3 c. light brown sugar
2 T ketchup
1 T cider vinegar (in the comments section on Recipezaar, some people substituted balsamic vinger or did half and half)
1/2 c. water
1/3 c. soy sauce


Heat oil in a large skillet. Add chicken pieces and cook until lightly browned. Remove chicken. Add remaining ingredients, heating over medium heat until well dissolved. Add chicken and bring to a hard boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Serve over hot rice.


Rice
How do you plan to celebrate International Cook with your Kids Day? Check out these easy recipes that make it fun and easy to cook with your kids.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Invisalign Journey (Trays 9-15) and Progression Photos

Today I am going to share a little more about My Invisalign Journey with you. Back in May, I shared my first Invisalign post HERE and talked about my first 8 trays with Invisalign. Today I am going to share some information and progression photos for Trays 9-15. And, no, I am not done with Invisalign yet. After your first round of trays (I had 15 trays), they start revision trays. Unfortunately, I found out I have 18 revision trays... I am currently on tray 3 of those. I will continue to share updates as my progress continues. I talk about why I went with Invisalign and what the entire process was like in my first post (see link below). I am not going to repeat it all in this post, but I will share my progression photos with you. If you have any questions, be sure to let me know in the comments. Past Invisalign Posts: My Invisalign Journey (Trays 1-8) and Progression Photos Progress Photos These are pictures of my teeth and some are close ups... so, just a little warning. :) Proba...

Y'all! I DID IT! 2016 Chicago Marathon Recap!!!

I am really excited to share this post with all of you today. I have been wanting to run a marathon for a really, really, REALLY long time. I was too afraid to do it, I was afraid I would fail. I started out running in 2009 after I had my daughter and signed up to run 500 miles in one year with friends I met on  Babycenter   I started out walking and running... but, I did it! I completed 500 miles in 2009. My first 5K was at our local zoo and then I branched out and did a Halloween 10K. After that, I signed up for my first half marathon here in St. Louis and my second half marathon was the Wine & Dine at Disney... My first half marathon time was 2:35 and my best has been 2:04 and a HUGE dream/goal of mine is to complete one in under 2:00 hours. But... first I toyed around with the idea of running a marathon.  All  of my running friends kept telling me to JUST DO IT. That I'd do just fine. But, I was sacred.... Finally, 7 years later I have RAN MY FIRST MARATHON! ...

Thursday Fashion Files Link Up #93 - Winter Flashback!

Welcome to Thursday Fashion Files! Welcome to Thursday Fashion Files with Jill at  Doused in Pink  and Carrie at  Curly Crafty Mom ! We are excited to have you here and would love to have you link up one of your latest outfits with us. We are always looking for Co-Hosts for Thursday Fashion Files. If you haven't signed up to Co-Host, but are interested, sign up by clicking  HERE . Visit our  Thursday Fashion Files Pinterest board ! We will be pinning our top two picks along with our own outfits for that week. Be sure to click  HERE  to join our Pinterest board! I don't know about you, but I always LOVE to go back and see what I wore LAST season. It reminds me of what's in my closet, what still works together and it gives me some new ideas. So, today I'm sharing a Winter Flashback post with you! Plaid Dress with Navy Blazer Adding a Little Mint to an Outfit in the Winter Lace Trimmed Tunic Plaid with Mustard Add a Little Shimmer this Winter with Elbow C...