Skip to main content

Creamy White Chicken Lasagna {Recipe}

This blog post has been compensated by Borden® Cheese. All opinions are mine alone. #BordenCheeseLove #CollectiveBias #Ad

LasgDone6_650
Lasagna is always a comforting and popular family dish. However, sometimes it is nice to change it up a bit from the common lasagna dish we are used to. Today I'm sharing my favorite Creamy White Chicken Lasagna dish, made with Borden® Cheese Mozzarella Shreds.


LasgDone3
When I sit down to eat a warm dish on a cold winter day with my family, I love hearing stories of their day. A big dinner at the table is one of my favorite times with my family, so it is important to me to have a special dish to serve for dinner.


LasgDone5
This delicious and cheesy recipe is one I believe you will love too! It is a great way to celebrate everyday moments that are filled with love! Don't they always say, a full belly is a happy heart? Look at all of this ooey, gooey, stretchy goodness!


Creamy White Chicken Lasagna Recipe

LasgDone6
This recipe makes a big plate of lasagna; for my family of four, we can usually eat leftovers the next night. It warms up wonderfully, and the cheese is still nice and gooey!


Shopping for Ingredients

Untitled Untitled
First you'll want to visit your local grocer or store to pick up the ingredients for this recipe. I found my Borden® Cheese at Shop N Save, but check out this store locator to find Borden® Cheese near you! While you are there, you can pick up the remaining ingredients that you need.


Recipe: Creamy White Chicken Lasagna

Ingredients:
9 Lasagna Noodles
1/2 Cup of Butter
1 Onion
Minced Garlic (I used the jar kind)
1/2 Cup of All-Purpose Flour
1 Teaspoon Salt
2 Cups of Chicken Broth
1 1/2 Cups of Milk
4 Cups of Borden® Cheese Mozzarella Shreds
1 Cup of Grated Parmesan Cheese
1 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning
1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
2 Cups of Ricotta Cheese
2 Cups of Shredded Chicken
1-2 Cups of Fresh Spinach

Instructions:Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Cook lasagna noodles in boiling water. Drain, and rinse with cold water.

Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook the onion and garlic in the butter until tender, stirring frequently. 

Stir in the flour and salt, and simmer until bubbly. 

Mix in the broth and milk, and boil, stirring constantly for 1 minute. 

Stir in 2 cups mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Season with Italian seasoning and ground black pepper. Remove from heat and set aside.

Spread 1/3 of the sauce mixture in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. 

Layer with 1/3 of the noodles, the ricotta, chicken, 2 cups mozzarella cheese and spinach. Repeat this one more time.

Arrange remaining noodles over cheese, and spread remaining sauce evenly over noodles. Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese.

Bake 35 minutes in the preheated oven.

How to Prepare the Lasagna:
WhiteLasagnaMake1 WhiteLasagnaMake2
Boil the lasagna noodles. While the noodles boil, take a saucepan and cook the onion and garlic in the butter.


WhiteLasagnaMake3 WhiteLasagnaMake4

Stir in the flour and salt, and simmer until bubbly. Mix in the broth and milk until it comes to a boil. 


WhiteLasagnaMake5 WhiteLasagnaMake6

Stir in 2 cups of Borden® Cheese Mozzarella Shreds.


WhiteLasagnaMake7 WhiteLasagnaMake8
Add 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Season with Italian seasoning and ground black pepper. Remove from heat and set aside.


Layering the Lasagna

WhiteLasagnaLayer1 WhiteLasagnaLayer2Spread 1/3 of the sauce mixture in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Layer noodles on top of the sauce.


WhiteLasagnaLayer4 WhiteLasagnaLayer5
Mix the ricotta and chicken together and layer on top of the noodles. Layer Borden® Cheese Mozzarella Shreds on top of ricotta/chicken layer.


WhiteLasagnaLayer6 WhiteLasagnaLayer7
Sprinkle some spinach on top and then repeat one more time.

Arrange remaining noodles over cheese, and spread remaining sauce evenly over noodles. Sprinkle with Borden® Cheese Mozzarella Shreds.


LasgDone1
Bake 35 minutes in the preheated oven. Once out of the oven, let it cool for at least 5 minutes before serving.


LasgDone4
You will enjoy the ooey, gooey goodness in each slice of the Creamy White Chicken Lasagna. It does not disappoint!


LasgDone7
Borden® Cheese makes a great addition for any meal! While at the store, not only did I pick up Borden® Cheese Mozzarella Shreds, but I also picked up Borden® Cheese Gouda Slices. So, why not pick up the best for your family?

Celebrate wholesome family moments filled with love, made uniquely special by the love that goes into Borden® Cheese! How do you make dinner special for your family?

Follow Borden® Cheese on Facebook and Instagram.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Invisalign Journey (Trays 9-15) and Progression Photos

Today I am going to share a little more about My Invisalign Journey with you. Back in May, I shared my first Invisalign post HERE and talked about my first 8 trays with Invisalign. Today I am going to share some information and progression photos for Trays 9-15. And, no, I am not done with Invisalign yet. After your first round of trays (I had 15 trays), they start revision trays. Unfortunately, I found out I have 18 revision trays... I am currently on tray 3 of those. I will continue to share updates as my progress continues. I talk about why I went with Invisalign and what the entire process was like in my first post (see link below). I am not going to repeat it all in this post, but I will share my progression photos with you. If you have any questions, be sure to let me know in the comments. Past Invisalign Posts: My Invisalign Journey (Trays 1-8) and Progression Photos Progress Photos These are pictures of my teeth and some are close ups... so, just a little warning. :) Proba...

Y'all! I DID IT! 2016 Chicago Marathon Recap!!!

I am really excited to share this post with all of you today. I have been wanting to run a marathon for a really, really, REALLY long time. I was too afraid to do it, I was afraid I would fail. I started out running in 2009 after I had my daughter and signed up to run 500 miles in one year with friends I met on  Babycenter   I started out walking and running... but, I did it! I completed 500 miles in 2009. My first 5K was at our local zoo and then I branched out and did a Halloween 10K. After that, I signed up for my first half marathon here in St. Louis and my second half marathon was the Wine & Dine at Disney... My first half marathon time was 2:35 and my best has been 2:04 and a HUGE dream/goal of mine is to complete one in under 2:00 hours. But... first I toyed around with the idea of running a marathon.  All  of my running friends kept telling me to JUST DO IT. That I'd do just fine. But, I was sacred.... Finally, 7 years later I have RAN MY FIRST MARATHON! ...

Thursday Fashion Files Link Up #93 - Winter Flashback!

Welcome to Thursday Fashion Files! Welcome to Thursday Fashion Files with Jill at  Doused in Pink  and Carrie at  Curly Crafty Mom ! We are excited to have you here and would love to have you link up one of your latest outfits with us. We are always looking for Co-Hosts for Thursday Fashion Files. If you haven't signed up to Co-Host, but are interested, sign up by clicking  HERE . Visit our  Thursday Fashion Files Pinterest board ! We will be pinning our top two picks along with our own outfits for that week. Be sure to click  HERE  to join our Pinterest board! I don't know about you, but I always LOVE to go back and see what I wore LAST season. It reminds me of what's in my closet, what still works together and it gives me some new ideas. So, today I'm sharing a Winter Flashback post with you! Plaid Dress with Navy Blazer Adding a Little Mint to an Outfit in the Winter Lace Trimmed Tunic Plaid with Mustard Add a Little Shimmer this Winter with Elbow C...