Skip to main content

Princess Smart Mirror {My Knight and Me}

PrincessSmartMirror_650I’m so excited to tell you about the adventure-packed new medieval animated series for kids from TeamTO, My Knight and Me! I'm also sharing a craft that you can work on with your little Princess- a Princess Smart Mirror! This mirror isn't really 'smart', but it is sparkly, wrapped in ribbons and even monogrammed with your favorite princesses initial! In the cartoon My Knight and Me they do have a smart mirror and this mirror will prompt your child with plenty of imaginative play! This show is currently airing on the Cartoon Network weekdays at 12 p.m.



unnamed-7
My Knight and Me is for kids ages 6-10 and follows the quests of a colorful and charismatic trio of knights in shining armor: loyal, street-smart Jimmy the Squire; daring and determined Cat the Princess; and bold and courageous Henri of Orange, Jimmy’s dad and a charmingly inept, yet passionately chivalrous knight who might not be the most efficient protector of the realm – but sure is the funniest! Together, the knightly group sets out from the Kingdom of Epic to save the day and brighten the Dark Ages! 

The series models close family ties (Jimmy thinks his dad is the best!), emphasizes the importance of teamwork (together, Jimmy, Cat and Henri can overcome any challenge  that comes their way!) and underscores the importance of using strategy over might to solve problems (Jimmy is the man with a plan!). My Knight and Me also features clever anachronisms (like Smart-Mirrors that resemble today’s iPhones, set in the Middle Ages), which add to the uniqueness of the show.

How to Make a Princess Smart Phone
MakeMirror1
First, you'll need to gather together the supplies needed for this craft:
Mirror(s)
Sequins
Stick or Glue On Crystals
Pom Poms
2 Different Colors of Ribbon
Hot Glue Gun


MakeMirror2 MakeMirror3
Wrap your ribbon around the handle of your mirror. Hot glue it in place. Then, take your other ribbon and wrap it diagonally around the mirror handle. Hot glue it in place.


MakeMirror4 MirrorDone3
If your mirror has a 'hook' you can take some extra ribbon to make 'fringe' on the end of the mirror. To do this, I cut out strips of both ribbon at the same length and tied a double knot. Each knot will have one of the lighter colored ribbons and one of the darker colored ribbons in it for a little contrast. I did this three times, but if your hook is larger you could add more ribbon to fill it in.


MakeMirror5
At Walmart, I found these stick on crystals and we added my daughters monogram to the mirror. This was her favorite part of the entire mirror!


MakeMirror6 MirrorDone5
We also added some pom poms and sequins. We went with a pink, magenta, purple, yellow and silver color scheme. You can use whatever colors you prefer!


MirrorDone4
Here is a close up of the sequins that were glued around the face of the mirror.


MirrorDone6
Now you have your Princess Smart Mirror! My daughter loves to hold her mirror while she watches Cartoon Network's My Knight and Me and pretends she has a smart mirror, just like they have on the cartoon! So fun!   


MirrorDone2
Be sure to check out My Knight and Me with your children! This craft would be fun to do before or after the show. And, if you have a little Knight in your household, I am sure you could do some other colors to make a Knight Smart Mirror!

I hope you enjoyed this craft! My Knight and Me will be a show your kids will truly enjoy and it also features some great songs with lyrics.

This post is sponsored by My Knight and Me. All opinions are 100% mine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Invisalign Journey (Trays 9-15) and Progression Photos

Today I am going to share a little more about My Invisalign Journey with you. Back in May, I shared my first Invisalign post HERE and talked about my first 8 trays with Invisalign. Today I am going to share some information and progression photos for Trays 9-15. And, no, I am not done with Invisalign yet. After your first round of trays (I had 15 trays), they start revision trays. Unfortunately, I found out I have 18 revision trays... I am currently on tray 3 of those. I will continue to share updates as my progress continues. I talk about why I went with Invisalign and what the entire process was like in my first post (see link below). I am not going to repeat it all in this post, but I will share my progression photos with you. If you have any questions, be sure to let me know in the comments. Past Invisalign Posts: My Invisalign Journey (Trays 1-8) and Progression Photos Progress Photos These are pictures of my teeth and some are close ups... so, just a little warning. :) Proba...

Y'all! I DID IT! 2016 Chicago Marathon Recap!!!

I am really excited to share this post with all of you today. I have been wanting to run a marathon for a really, really, REALLY long time. I was too afraid to do it, I was afraid I would fail. I started out running in 2009 after I had my daughter and signed up to run 500 miles in one year with friends I met on  Babycenter   I started out walking and running... but, I did it! I completed 500 miles in 2009. My first 5K was at our local zoo and then I branched out and did a Halloween 10K. After that, I signed up for my first half marathon here in St. Louis and my second half marathon was the Wine & Dine at Disney... My first half marathon time was 2:35 and my best has been 2:04 and a HUGE dream/goal of mine is to complete one in under 2:00 hours. But... first I toyed around with the idea of running a marathon.  All  of my running friends kept telling me to JUST DO IT. That I'd do just fine. But, I was sacred.... Finally, 7 years later I have RAN MY FIRST MARATHON! ...

Thursday Fashion Files Link Up #93 - Winter Flashback!

Welcome to Thursday Fashion Files! Welcome to Thursday Fashion Files with Jill at  Doused in Pink  and Carrie at  Curly Crafty Mom ! We are excited to have you here and would love to have you link up one of your latest outfits with us. We are always looking for Co-Hosts for Thursday Fashion Files. If you haven't signed up to Co-Host, but are interested, sign up by clicking  HERE . Visit our  Thursday Fashion Files Pinterest board ! We will be pinning our top two picks along with our own outfits for that week. Be sure to click  HERE  to join our Pinterest board! I don't know about you, but I always LOVE to go back and see what I wore LAST season. It reminds me of what's in my closet, what still works together and it gives me some new ideas. So, today I'm sharing a Winter Flashback post with you! Plaid Dress with Navy Blazer Adding a Little Mint to an Outfit in the Winter Lace Trimmed Tunic Plaid with Mustard Add a Little Shimmer this Winter with Elbow C...