Skip to main content

DIY Flannel Scarf #LayerOnLove

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and The Coca-Cola Company. All opinions are mine alone. #LayerOnLove #CollectiveBias

CarrieCocaCola_650
What I love about Coca-Cola
® (besides the great taste) is that they are supporting the non-profit organization One Warm Coat® this holiday season. It is their mission to pair together with One Warm Coat to donate half a million free coats. They want to encourage you to give back to your community too! You can do so by donating to One Warm Coat, or by paying it forward in other ways. No matter what you do be sure to share the love on social media by using the hashtag #LayerOnLove.

When I think of Layer on Love, I think about providing warmth and love to those that need it most. I wanted to share my DIY Flannel Scarf tutorial today, because when I gift my friends with these scarves during the holiday season, I always think of it as 'Layering on Love'.


Bottle1
I feel that during the holidays, giving back is more important than ever. Half a million people... that is A LOT of people that can be helped with the Coca-Cola
initiative to bring them warmth through One Warm Coat. The holidays always bring people together, such as family, friends, coworkers, teachers and more. Sometimes you may see someone who needs a helping hand or a little extra love. I always encourage my kids to help others and they do a lot through their boy scout and girl scout programs... You can make care packages, help serve a meal to someone who is going through a rough time or even do something as simple as paying for the coffee of someone behind you. All of these create memories for both ourselves and those that we helped that will last a lifetime.


Untitled Untitled
Coca-Cola offers a lot of varieties and sizes at your local Walmart. I picked up a bottle of Coca-Cola in a 2 Liter, but they also offer Coke Zero, Coca-Cola Life, Diet Coke, Fanta in 6-packs and more. You can find Coca-Cola in the Soft Drinks aisle and pick up whatever you need for your holiday gathering.


How to Create Your Own DIY Flannel Scarf

CarrieScarf2
Creating a flannel scarf is REALLY easy and can be done while watching TV, waiting in the carpool line, listening to music, etc.


ScarfTutorial1

Materials Needed:

1.5 yards of 44" wide plaid flannel
Fabric Scissors
Seam Ripper


ScarfTutorial2
You are going to want to find a line to follow and you'll cut the selvedge edge off. The selvedge edge will have a lot less stray threads than the cut edge. Now, do the same for the cut edges.


ScarfTutorial3
After you have trimmed each side of the scarf, lay it flat on your floor. Our goal is to have a square scarf. Take a fabric tape measure and measure each side and then cut again along a plaid line to even it out so that it is a perfect square shape on each size. My scarf was 43" on each side after I was done.


ScarfTutorial4
Now you will make the fringe! This part takes the longest, so go ahead and turn on the TV. You will start on one of the four sides and pull out a thread ONE by one. Yes, it's tedious... However, it gets quicker as you get more comfortable doing it. I frayed each side to about a quarter inch. You can use a seam ripper to get ahold of the threads easier, or you can just use your fingers... I've done both.


CarrieScarf3
Don't worry, a quarter inch fringe is perfect, as you can see here in this photo.



CarrieScarf
And, ta-da! You have this warm and cozy fringe scarf to gift others this holiday season!


Bottle3
By coming together and inspiring your followers to donate to One Warm Coat® on Coke.com/LayerOnLove, we could collectively help to put a coat on one million people in need this winter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Invisalign Journey (Trays 9-15) and Progression Photos

Today I am going to share a little more about My Invisalign Journey with you. Back in May, I shared my first Invisalign post HERE and talked about my first 8 trays with Invisalign. Today I am going to share some information and progression photos for Trays 9-15. And, no, I am not done with Invisalign yet. After your first round of trays (I had 15 trays), they start revision trays. Unfortunately, I found out I have 18 revision trays... I am currently on tray 3 of those. I will continue to share updates as my progress continues. I talk about why I went with Invisalign and what the entire process was like in my first post (see link below). I am not going to repeat it all in this post, but I will share my progression photos with you. If you have any questions, be sure to let me know in the comments. Past Invisalign Posts: My Invisalign Journey (Trays 1-8) and Progression Photos Progress Photos These are pictures of my teeth and some are close ups... so, just a little warning. :) Proba...

Y'all! I DID IT! 2016 Chicago Marathon Recap!!!

I am really excited to share this post with all of you today. I have been wanting to run a marathon for a really, really, REALLY long time. I was too afraid to do it, I was afraid I would fail. I started out running in 2009 after I had my daughter and signed up to run 500 miles in one year with friends I met on  Babycenter   I started out walking and running... but, I did it! I completed 500 miles in 2009. My first 5K was at our local zoo and then I branched out and did a Halloween 10K. After that, I signed up for my first half marathon here in St. Louis and my second half marathon was the Wine & Dine at Disney... My first half marathon time was 2:35 and my best has been 2:04 and a HUGE dream/goal of mine is to complete one in under 2:00 hours. But... first I toyed around with the idea of running a marathon.  All  of my running friends kept telling me to JUST DO IT. That I'd do just fine. But, I was sacred.... Finally, 7 years later I have RAN MY FIRST MARATHON! ...

Thursday Fashion Files Link Up #93 - Winter Flashback!

Welcome to Thursday Fashion Files! Welcome to Thursday Fashion Files with Jill at  Doused in Pink  and Carrie at  Curly Crafty Mom ! We are excited to have you here and would love to have you link up one of your latest outfits with us. We are always looking for Co-Hosts for Thursday Fashion Files. If you haven't signed up to Co-Host, but are interested, sign up by clicking  HERE . Visit our  Thursday Fashion Files Pinterest board ! We will be pinning our top two picks along with our own outfits for that week. Be sure to click  HERE  to join our Pinterest board! I don't know about you, but I always LOVE to go back and see what I wore LAST season. It reminds me of what's in my closet, what still works together and it gives me some new ideas. So, today I'm sharing a Winter Flashback post with you! Plaid Dress with Navy Blazer Adding a Little Mint to an Outfit in the Winter Lace Trimmed Tunic Plaid with Mustard Add a Little Shimmer this Winter with Elbow C...